Monday, June 14, 2010

"wonderful winnie"






oh how i miss her..deep raspy voice...warm hugs...always there for everyone...loved by so many...but always room for one more friend in need...

how fortunate my children were to have her there for them..something i never had...a warm loving grandmother!

she adored her husband ( gorgeous George), her children, her grandchildren, her pets ( members of the family and spoiled rotten) and always her friends !

one day many years ago, we talked of the day when she would no longer be there for me..how hard it was for her to lose my sister Judy and her own mother when she was three...and my daddy too...and was there a heaven or not...she told me that it was there if you believed it was..that simple..nothing more...life can be simple...or not..it's what we make it!

Winifred Davies Anderson..my muse, my Mommy..my idol..simple my "wonderful Winnie"

love and cherish you..have told all the children everything i remember about you...you live on and on and on..always in my heart<3 !

3 comments:

  1. January 2nd,1915 ~ October 25th, 1998

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have one grandmother left, my husband's mom, and we spend lots of time with her while we can. She is 87 and doing well, but getting more frail. My mom left us on July 4, 2002, and my dad preceded her in November of 2000. There are still times when I want to give them a call about something, and then realize I can't. I guess that will always go on. I feel lucky that they were around long enough for us to heal some very old wounds.

    ReplyDelete